Parent Training in ASD Reviews
- Bearss K, Burrell TL, Stewart L, Scahill L. Parent training in autism spectrum disorder: What’s in a name? Clin Child Fam Psych. 2015 Jun;18(2):170-82.
Parent Training for Disruptive Behaviors
- Aman MG, McDougle CJ, Scahill L, et al. Medication and parent training in children with pervasive developmental disorders and serious behavior problems: Results from a randomized clinical trial. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2009;48:1143-1154.
- Bearss K, Johnson C, Smith T, Lecavalier L, Swiezy N, Aman M, McAdam DB, Butter E, Stillitano C, Minshawi N, Sukhodolsky D, Mruzek DW, Turner K, Neal T, Hallett V, Mulick JA, Green B, Handen B, Deng Y, Dziura J, Scahill L. Effect of parent training versus parent education on behavioral problems in children with autism spectrum disorder: A randomized clinical trial. 2015;313(15):1524-1533.
- Bearss K, Johnson C, Handen B, Smith T, Scahill L. A pilot study of parent training in young children with autism spectrum disorders and disruptive behavior. J Autism Dev Disord. 2013;43:829-840.
- Bearss K, Lecavalier L, Minshawi N, et al. Toward an exportable parent training program for disruptive behaviors in autism spectrum disorders. Neuropsychiatry. 2013;3:169-180.
- Farmer C, Lecavalier L, Yu S, et al. Predictors and moderators of response to behavioral treatment in children with autism spectrum disorders and serious behavioral problems. J Autism Dev Dis.2012;42:1037-1044.
- Johnson CR, Handen BL, Butter E, et al. Development of a parent training program for children with pervasive developmental disorders. Behav Interv. 2007;22:201-221.
- Research Units on Pediatric Psychopharmacology Autism Network. Parent training for children with pervasive developmental disorders: A Multi-site feasibility trial. Behav Interv. 2007;22:179-199.
- Scahill L, McDougle CJ, Aman MG, et al. Effects of risperidone and parent training on adaptive functioning in children with pervasive developmental disorders and serious behavioral problems. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry.2012;51(2):136-146.
Home Situations Questionnaire
- Chowdhury, M., Aman, M. G., Lecavalier, L., Smith, T., Johnson, C. … Scahill, L. (2015). Factor structure and psychometric properties of the Home Situations Questionnaire for autism spectrum disorder: The Home Situations Questionnaire – Autism Spectrum Disorder. Autism. DOI: 10.1177/1362361315593941
Parent Training for Sleep Problems in ASD
- Johnson CR, Turner KS, Foldes E, et al. Behavioral parent training to address sleep disturbances in young children with autism spectrum disorder: A pilot trial. Sleep Med. 2013;14:995-1004.
- Johnson CR, Turner K, Foldes E, Malow B, Wiggs L. (2012). Comparison of sleep questionnaires in the assessment of sleep disturbances in children with autism spectrum disorders. Sleep Med. 2012;13:795-801.
- Johnson CR, Turner K, Stewart P, et al. Relationship between feeding problems, behavioral characteristics, and nutritional quality in children with ASD. J Autism Dev Disord. 2014;44:2175–2184.
- Johnson CR, DeMand A, Foldes E. Relationships between anxiety and sleep and feeding in Young Children with ASD. Journal Dev Phys Disabil.
Anxiety and ASD
- Bearss K, Taylor CA, Aman MG, Whittemore R, Lecavalier L, Miller J, Pritchett J, Green B, Scahill L. Using qualitative methods to guide scale development for anxiety in youth with autism spectrum disorder. Autism. 2015 Sep 22. pii: 1362361315601012. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26395234.
ADHD and ASD: CHARTS Study
- Handen, B. L., Aman, M. G., Arnold, L. E., Hyman, S. L., Tumuluru, R., Lecavalier, L., . . . Smith, T. (2015). Atomoxetine, parent training and their combination in children with autism spectrum and ADHD. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 54(11), 905-915. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2015.08.013
Behavioral Observation in Large Scale Trials
- Handen BL, Johnson CR, Butter EM, et al. Use of a Direct Observational Measure in a Trial of Risperidone and Parent Training in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal Intell Dev Dis. 2013;25:355-371.